A journey to holy Mt. Kailash via Limi Valley begins with an exciting flight to Simikot in western Nepal. The trek starts by following the ancient salt trade route through the Limi Valley, the land of Bonpos and ancient monasteries. The trek offers a fascinating opportunity to experience the true Tibetan culture, lifestyle and hospitality. The journey gives ample time to take a ritual dip in holy Mansarovar Lake. It is believed that a ritual plunge into Lake Mansarovar cleanses the sins of a lifetime. A trek around Mt. Kailash, the holiest mountain for Buddhist, Hindu, Jain and Bon followers, is believed to offer endless spiritual merit to those who take on this sacred journey.
The overland journey back to Lhasa offers a chance to observe and experience the nature of Tibet and the Tibetan culture and picturesque landscapes. We visit highly revered ancient monasteries as we find our way back to Lhasa.
|Arrival in Kathmandu||Departure to Lhasa||Return to Kathmandu||Depart to home|
|5 May 2018||7 May 2018||30 May 2018||1 June 2018|
|15 Sep 2018||17 Sep 2018||10 Oct 2018||12 Oct 2018|
- Cultural and historical heritage sites of Kathmandu
- Experience Bonpo culture of Limi Valley
- Circumambulation of Mt. Kailash and Mansarovar Lake
- Close view of Tibetan nomadic culture and lifestyle
- Magnificent view of Mt. Everest
- Day 01: Arrive to Kathmandu and transfer to your hotel. There will be a detail briefing on the trip in the evening.
- Day 02: Explore Kathmandu Durbar Square and Swayambhunath Stupa in the morning and trip preparation in the evening.
- Day 03: Visit Pashupatinath in the morning and fly to Nepalgunj in the afternoon.
- Day 04: Fly to Simikot and start trekking to Dharapuri (2,270m). O/N in tents.
- Day 05: Trek to Kermi (2,670m). O/N in tents.
- Day 06: Trek to Shinjungma (3,850m) via Nyalu La. O/N in tents.
- Day 07: Trek to Dharmashala (4,350m). O/N in tents.
- Day 08: Trek to Talung (4,370m). O/N in tents.
- Day 09: Trek to Hot Spring (4,070m). O/N in tents.
- Day 10: Trek to Tilgune (4,000m). O/N in tents.
- Day 11: Trek to Manepeme (3,990m). O/N in tents.
- Day 12: Trek to Hilsa (3,720m). O/N in tents.
- Day 13: Enter Tibet and drive to Taklakot (3,770m). O/N guest house.
- Day 14: Drive to holy Mansarovar Lake (4,588m). O/N in guest house/tents.
- Day 15: Explore Tirthapuri and Mansarovar Lake. O/N in guest house/tents.
- Day 16: Kora begins with trek to Diraphuk (4,900m). O/N in guest house/tents.
- Day 17: A day at Diraphuk to explore North Face of Kailash and Diraphuk Monastery.
- Day 18: Trek to Zutulphuk via Dolma Pass (5,650m). O/N in guest house/tents.
- Day 19: End Kora at Darchen (4,700m) and drive Saga. O/N in hotel.
- Day 20: Drive to Rongbuk Monastery. O/N in guest house.
- Day 21: Explore Everest Base Camp and drive to Shigatse. O/N in hotel.
- Day 22: A day tour to Shalu Monastery. O/N in hotel.
- Day 23: Drive to Lhasa via Gyantse and Yamdruk Tso Lake. O/N in hotel.
- Day 24: Explore Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple. O/N in hotel.
- Day 25: A day tour to Ganden Monastery. O/N in hotel.
- Day 26: Drive to Gonggar Airport and fly to Kathmandu. O/N in hotel.
- Day 27: A leisure day in Kathmandu. O/N in hotel.
- Day 28: Trip concludes and depart for onward journey.