(The Ultimate Destination for the Realization of Satyam, Shivam & Sundaram)
“As the dew is dried up by the morning sun, so are the sins of human beings by the sight of Mt. Kailash and Lake Manasarovar” – Skanda Purana”
Holy Mount Kailash is believed as an important pilgrimage destination as well as a power point, where it is possible to gain inspiration and energy to transform oneself from this physical to higher spiritual level. The custom of circumambulating Mount Kailash is believed to purify the soul and cultivate in each visiting pilgrim the ability to experience the divinity. The experience is elevating and inspiring, and many pilgrims return to their homes with feeling of exaltation and spiritual inspiration.
Karnali Excursions is one of the first tour agencies in Nepal to offer pilgrimage to Holy Mount Kailash in 1993, when China opened its doors to tourism. Ever the since, it has been organizing a well-organized and spiritually fulfilling experience for those who join with us for this pilgrimage of a lifetime.
Here are some of the little things we offer that make our pilgrimage special, meaningful and different than other tour companies.
- We teach yoga and pranayam, which help to acclimatize in high altitude.
- We perform morning and evening prayers followed by Bhajans and Kirtans.
- We demonstrate walking, trekking, eating and sleeping techniques during the entire journey.
- We provide personal escort to senior citizens, and those who need extra support.
- Medically trained Karnali senior leaders join as facilitators and team leaders.
- We serve North Indian, Chinese, Gujrati and South Indian pure vegetarian meals.
- Darshan of highly revered Pashupatinath and perform Rudravishek.
- Darshan of Doleshwor Mahadev (head part of Kedarnath).
- A journey from holy city to the holiest mountain (explore the best of Lhasa).
- Pilgrimage to sacred Lake Mansarovar, holy Mt. Kailash and Tirthapuri.
- Nandi and Asthapada Darshan.
- Lake Mansarovar Parikrama by tourist coach.
- Magnificent view of the North Face of the Mt. Everest.
Day-to-day brief itinerary:
Day 01: Arrive at the Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Guided sightseeing to explore some major attractions of Kathmandu and briefing on Kailash-Mansarovar trip.
Day 03: Rudravishek, Puja, Pashupatinath Darshan and trip preparation.
Day 04: Fly to Lhasa Gonggar Airport (75 minute flight) and drive (1.5 hour) to Lhasa (3,550m).
Day 05: A day in Lhasa for sightseeing and acclimatization.
Day 06: Drive (5-6 hours) to Shigatse (3,900m).
Day 07: Drive (8-9 hours) to Saga (4,450m).
Day 08: Drive (8-9 hours) to Mansarovar Lake (4,588m).
Day 09: Havan, Holy bath in the Mansarovar Lake and rest day (4,588m).
Day 10: Drive (3-4 hours) to Tirthapuri, explore around and return to Darchen (4,700m).
Day 11: Kailash circumambulation starting day: Drive to Yamadwara and commence trekking (4-5 hours) to Driraphuk (4,920m).
Day 12: Cross over the Dolma La Pass (5650m) and trek (7-8 hours) to Zutulphuk after having darshan of Gaurikunda (4,800m).
Day 13: Trek (2.5-3 hours) to Tangsar (Shree Kailash circumambulation concludes here) and drive to Saga (4,450m) after having lunch at Darchen.
Day 14: Drive (6-7 hours) to Rongbuk Monastery (4,980m) and explore Everest Basecamp North.
Day 15: Drive to Kerung Border and fly to Kathmandu by helicopter.
Day 16: Trip concludes and depart for onward journey.