Mt. Kailash is revered as Divine Mountain universally by the people from all over the world, and it is considered as an important pilgrimage destination as well as power point where it is possible to gain realization of ultimate Satyam, Shivam & Sundaram. The custom of circumambulating Mt. Kailash and taking holy dip in the nearby sacred Mansarovar Lake is believed to transform oneself physically, mentally and spiritually. Hindu, Buddhist, Jain and Boinpo people regard mysterious Mt. Kailash as the holiest mountain in the world.
A pilgrimage to holy Mt. Kailash is believed to be to the greatest pilgrimage since one can have darshan of Brahma (Mansarovar Lake), Vishnu (Tirthapuri) and Maheshwora (Mt. Kailash) in a single journey.
The pilgrimage to the Mt. Kailash during the full moon is considered as the very special one because during full moon time everything will be magnified including Punya (spiritual merit). It depends on our overall state and activity during the full moon day to cultivate its positive effects. Spiritual practitioners in this case, use the magnifying effects of the full moon to deepen their spiritual practice and meditation for the greater benefit to humanity.
|Arrival in Kathmandu||Departure to Lhasa||Return to Kathmandu||Depart to home|
|17 July 2018||20 July 2018||01 August 2018||02 August 2018|
The trip cost: US$ 3,499 per person for 16 above participants
- A lifetime journey to the holiest mountain from the holy city.
- Darshan of highly revered Pashupatinath and perform Rudrabishek.
- Darshan of Doleshwor Temple, the head part of Kedarnath.
- Pilgrimage to sacred Lake Mansarovar, Tirthapuri and Mt. Kailash, abode of Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshwora respectively.
- Close view of Mt. Kailash with Nandi and Asthapada Darshan.
- Perform Parikrama of Lake Mansarovar and drive to the trailhead of Mt. Kailash Parikrama (circumambulation) by tourist bus.
- Guided sightseeing in Lhasa as per itinerary.
Day-to-day outline itinerary
- Day 01 (17 July 2018): Arrive at the Kathmandu airport (1,300m) and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02 (18 July 2018): Guided sightseeing and briefing on Kailash Yatra.
- Day 03 (19 July 2018): Pashupatinath Darshan (Havana, Puja etc).
Kailash-Mansarovar Pilgrimage starts from here:
- Day 04 (20 July 2018): Fly to Lhasa Gonggar Airport and drive to Lhasa (3,700m).
- Day 05 (21 July 2018): Guided sightseeing in Lhasa.
- Day 06 (22 July 2018): Drive to Shigatse (3,840m).
- Day 07 (23 July 2018): Drive to Saga (4,500m).
- Day 08 (24 July 2018): Drive to holy Mansarovar Lake (4,588m).
- Day 09 (25 July 2018): Perform Havana and ritual bath at Mansarovar Lake and then drive to Darchen (4,700m) after visiting Tirthapuri.
- Day 10 (26 July 2018): Parikrama starts: – Trek to Driraphuk (4,900m).
- Day 11 (27 July 2018): Today is Charan Sparsha Day on Full Moon.
- Day 12 (28 July 2018): Cross over the Dolma La Pass (5,650m) and trek to Zuthulphuk Gompa (4,850m).
- Day 13 (29 July 2018): Parikrama ending day: – Trek to Tangsar and drive to Saga.
- Day 14 (30 July 2018): Drive to Shigatse.
- Day 15 (31 July 2018): Drive to Lhasa.
- Day 16 (1 August 2018): Drive to Lhasa Gonggar Airport and fly to Kathmandu.
- Day 17 (2 August 2018): End of the Kailash-Mansarovar Yatra and depart for onward journey.