Gosainkunda Lake has been delineated as a very important religious site for Hindu followers. It is believed that the lake is abode of Lord Shiva and Mata Parvati. The Hindu scriptures Bhagavata Purana, Vishnu Purana and the epics Ramayana and Mahabharata refer Samundra Manthan which is directly related to the origin of Gosainkunda Lake. It is believed to have been created by Lord Shiva when he thrust his Trishul (holy trident) into a mountain to extract water so that he could cool his stinging throat after he had swallowed poison. Its water is considered holy and of particular significance to cleanse the sins of a lifetime. Lord Shiva devotees from various parts of Nepal and India throng to the Gosainkund Lake to take a ritual dip on the auspicious occasion of Janai Purnima.
The trip to Gosainkunda Lake starts and ends in Kathmandu by Helicopter. The 30 minutes helicopter ride is breathtaking and it offers stunning views of high mountains of Nepal.
- Ritual dip in holy Gosainkund Lake
- Exciting helicopter ride with magnificent views of high mountains
- Darshan of holy Gosainkund Lake
After having breakfast, we will fly to Gosainkund Lake by the charted helicopter. It takes approximately 30 minutes to reach Gosainkund Lake. The helicopter ride is exciting and it offers spectacular views of high mountains of Nepal.
After having Darshan of Gosainkund Lake, performing rituals and taking ritual dip in the lake, we will fly back to Kathmandu by the same helicopter.
Trip Cost: Please kindly contact us for the best price and detail information
The cost includes:
- All ground transfers
- Charted helicopter ride to/from Gosainkund Lake
- All necessary documents and permits
- Service of experience and knowledgeable Karnali leader
- Darshan and ritual dip in the Gosainkund Lake
The cost does not include:
- Nepal visa fee
- Travel and medical insurance
- Personal gears and clothes
- Any other costs not specified in the cost includes section, but may incur due to unforeseen circumstances
Download – Gosainkund Lake Darshan Brochurure